LATISSE® is an FDA-approved treatment to grow eyelashes for people with inadequate or not enough lashes.
- For Latisse to be effective, you will need to make it part of your regular daily routine. The product must be used on a daily basis to start working.
- Latisse does take a month or more to start working, so just keep using it every night and your results will come.
- If you forget one night, don’t apply double the next night. You really only need 1 drop of product per night. If you use more you will just cause irritation and waste product, not cause the product to work any faster.
Is Latisse effective?
Yes, Latisse absolutely does work to enhance your lashes. Almost everyone who tries it notices an increase in length and sometimes an increase in thickness and darkness. Please remember:
- You need to use Latisse on your upper eyelids for at least 8-10 weeks to get full growth and thickening of the lashes.
- You can try Latisse on your eyebrows if they are sparse.
Is Latisse safe to use?
Latisse is not for everyone, and it is a prescription medication, so you need to talk to a doctor or NP.PA who can prescribe it. In general, as long as you have healthy eyes (i.e., no glaucoma or infections), it is safe to use. If you develop eye or eyelid irritation or eyelid discoloration, stop the product and call our office.
How much does Latisse cost?
At Benessere, we will sell large bottle of Latisse for $150. Even though the prescribing information says 1 kit will last 1 month, we have found that it will often last longer.
The company who makes Latisse, Allergan, also offers a type of reward program called Brilliant Distinctions. You basically get points every time you buy Latisse (or Botox or Juvederm) and use those points to get discounts on future treatments. It is almost like the frequent flyer programs we are used to with the airlines.
Is Latisse effective for eyebrows?
Yes! Latisse can be used to can help fill in sparse eyebrows. It may also make the hairs grow longer so be prepared to have to trim more. You don’t need much product – a tiny drop will work or use what’s left on the brush after you do your upper lashes.
How should I use Latisse once I achieve my goal length and thickness?
Once your lashes are the length and thickness you want, I think you can start using Latisse every-other-night, instead of every night. But remember, if you stop using Latisse completely your lashes will go back to how they were before treatment. Also, keep in mind you should see the full effect of treatment at week 16.